UPDATE: Want to learn more about Ruby on Rails? Check out our other articles:
Almost a month ago we made two exciting announcements - the first was that SmartLogic will be hosting an Intro to Ruby1 course on December 10-11, 2010. The second announcement was that we would be giving away one free ticket to a local college/university student and another free ticket away to the co/founder of a local startup company.
Well, we upped the ante and have decided to give away a total of FOUR free tickets. We received a total of 40 submissions and were really encouraged by all of the enthusiastic responses. Without further ado:
- Brian Sierakowski - @bsierakowski - Managing Editor of Baltimore's [StartupDigest]2, founder of CahootsApp and eCommunications & Office Manager at Greater Baltimore Tech Council.
- Paul Kauders - @pkauders - founder of SplitGear, a Baltimore-based company hoping "to make community based sharing of equipment the norm."
- Leela S. - a student at Towson University. Leela has "never won anything before, so this would be a real treat." Well, there you go.
- Eric Oestrich - @EricOestrich and oestrich on github - a student at Towson University that participated in the debut of the Baltimore Hackathon.
We'll contact the winners shortly.
If you didn't win: buy a ticket - or - stay tuned! More announcements to follow.
- In the original blog post I mistakenly called it an "Intro to Ruby on Rails course" - it's actually just "Intro to Ruby" - the Rails course is a follow on. I regret the error; my bad.
- I really, really hope I got the formatting of that correct.